Thursday, August 4, 2016

Ho. Ho. Hoe. No

Back-Hoe twelve. Arena zero.  That's the score this week. I guess it wasn't Christmas in July after all.  We're now into August and the posts aren't even in yet.

It's been more holes, more digging and more project holds, than progress. In fact after a very unsuccessful attempt at digging to put footings in last Friday, we've been at a complete stop on the work all week long.  (Insert sad face here. Or if you're Scott , make it a very very crazy mad face with fire coming out the nostrils.)
This project requires Two Women.
You can see some cross braces on side walls. 

I'm not going to go into details here, but suffice to say a poor plan typically results in a poor result. Therefore, there has been a retread on the assessment and planning....and thankfully we're now engaged with pros who have experience and have done what we need to get done. Better still, we're scheduled to get it done next week Monday - bright and early.  I'm saying prayers for this to go smoothly. Based on the dialogues with the excavation contractor, he seems to be very knowledgable and both Scott and I feel pretty confident he'll get it right.

Unfortunately, we'll spend another weekend looking at the piles of lumber and siding....or what Scott has come to not-so-endearingly refer to as "The Big Sandbox."  He always says it in a not so flattering way.

On a good note, there are enough poles up now that I can imagine the building standing there. When I drive down my driveway each morning I know I'll be looking right at that beautiful split door with the windows. I have also practiced the walk from my barn across the paddock and into what will soon be my main arena entrance with the over hang.  I know I'm crazy, but I'm just so excited. I'm trying to be patient but enough is enough for this girl.  I'm ready. If things had gone as originally scheduled the entire arena, including kick walls, would be up and finished by now.  I'd be getting sand placed next week. But, instead of being built in two weeks, were still two weeks away from that point.   I remain hopeful that I will be riding in it by September. Pleeeease!

Until Monday, here's a little reminder from Cinderella.







No comments:

Post a Comment